Saturday 8 September 2012

The Super Scooby, Jolly Fryer, Bristol

The Super Scooby next to a Big Mac
No I haven't tried it!!!


From the Sky News archives:


A takeaway in Bristol is selling what it claims is Britain's biggest burger.

The Super Scooby contains a massive 2,645 calories - 145 calories more than the daily recommended limit for men.

It is loaded with four 1/4lb beef patties, eight rashers of bacon, eight slices of cheese, 12 onion rings, lots of salad, and three sauces. It also comes with a side portion of chips.

The burger is six inches tall, has a circumference of 13 inches, and weighs 1.5kg - the same as a family-sized roast chicken.

The Jolly Fryer takeaway in Filton, Bristol, is selling the meal for £10 - and will give anyone who can finish it in one sitting a free can of diet coke.

Among its fans are ''real man" Luigi Armato, 22, who has eaten a Super Scooby once a week since its creation earlier this year.

Mr Armato, who weighs about 20 stone, told Sky News Online he crushes the burger first and it takes him about five minutes to finish it.

He said he feels fine afterwards, adding: "I play rugby so I burn it off on the field."

He said: "The truth is, I really enjoy eating them. I also like it because it's a real challenge to finish.

"You have to be a real man to eat one. They're delicious and I don't care about the calories.

"I always think it's healthier than fast food burgers because they prepare it fresh into front you."

Jolly Fryer owner Nick Lomvardos, 42, told the Bristol Evening Post: "None of our customers have ever been disappointed by the Super Scooby.

"'We have never heard of a bigger one being served up anywhere else and we are challenging any big eaters to come along and finish one.

"If you can manage that then we'll give you a free can of diet coke. I have never tried eating one myself but I'd struggle to finish one half the size."

original link to story

No comments:

Post a Comment