Saturday 10 November 2012

Carnaby Burger Company, 14, Foubert's Place, London.


The Bacon Blue Cheese Burger dissected!

Stumbled upon this place on a flying visit to the big smoke one busy Friday night.situated between Regent's Street and Carnaby Street the place looked busy and inviting so we thought we'd give it a go.Right, the negatives first.
The service was slow, sit down...wait....eventually get a waiters attention, order food and drinks......wait.....drinks eventually turn up....wait....you can see your order by the grill.....wait...one of the orders arrives (you have to ask for cutlery) the waiter then takes someone else's order before getting the rest if your meal!!!!! (words were exchanged! )
Yes they were busy but this is the worst service I have received for years, very very poor.

Now the food.I went for my old favourite Blue Cheese and Bacon Burger.It looked good, nice ciabatta roll, lettuce, tomato and red onion salad inside, it tasted sensational, incredibly tasty meat, subtle blue cheese sauce, lovely crispy bacon, I had a side of chips which I pretty much ignored, so good was the burger.
Yes the service was pants, but I'd go back tomorrow so good was the food.
(Probably the BEST burger I can remember tasting for a long long time)

My partner had the Tex Mex Burger (jalapenos, guacamole, bacon) and she was also blown away by the quality!
Stunning food.
 
Burger 5/5
Bun 5/5
Extras 5/5
Overall 5/5
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment